Home of the Lions
To provide a high quality education for all students
Join us for student orientation on Friday, August 6, 2021. We’ve modified orientation to allow for social distancing and to follow CDC recommendations and PCPS guidelines. We will stagger orientation to allow for morning and evening sessions.
Are you new to the area and zoned for Philip O’Brien Elementary? Do you know someone who needs to register for school for the fall? Don’t wait until the last minute. Let us help you get registered now to avoid potentially long lines. Our office will reopen Monday, July 12, from 8:00 to 4:00 PM to help! We look forward to meeting and helping you!
If you have not returned your digital device from eSchool, please do so immediately. This includes charging cords and plugs. We are working to sanitize devices, update software, and submit repair orders as needed. Our office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Please call the school at (863) 499-2950 if you have any questions.
In the event of a rainy day dismissal, please be aware of our procedures for each dismissal group.
Students, staff, and guests are reminded to wear face coverings when on campus, maintain social distance, and follow one-way directional signage and arrows. As a reminder, early student check outs should be done prior to 2:30 PM.
- Car riders will exit their classrooms at 2:50 (Grades K and 1) and 3:00 (Grades 2 – 5) and proceed down the main sidewalk to the dining room and music room maintaining social distance.
- Car line signs should be on the dashboard of the vehicle. This is critical in keeping the line moving quickly and safely. If you need a car line sign, please stop by the office with photo identification.
- Pull through the east gate by the fire rescue building and proceed up the gravel driveway to the dining room. Stay in your vehicle at all times.
- Pull up to the staff member calling car numbers on the walkie talkie. Your child/children will exit the dining room and will be loaded into your vehicle.
- As you leave campus, please be careful going home.
Bus Riders/Day Care Vans
- Bus riders and day care vans will exit their classrooms when their bus/day care van is called and proceed down the main sidewalk maintaining social distance.
- Bus riders and day care vans will load buses/day care vans under the covered sidewalk in front of the school.
- Please give buses a few extra minutes to get to their bus stops during rainy weather.
- Walkers and bike riders will exit their classroom and proceed down the main sidewalk maintaining social distance.
- Walkers and bike riders will exit the campus through the front gate.
- Walkers and bike riders will not be dismissed if weather conditions are unsafe. Students will remain in their classroom until it is deemed safe to dismiss. Please understand the decision to hold students is for the safety of your child/children.
Please call the school at (863) 499-2950 if you have any questions regarding rainy day dismissal procedures. Thank you.
POBE t-shirts are available in the front office for $8.00. Please stop by or call to place your order.