Home of the Lions
To provide a high quality education for all students
Please click here to read more about the dress code reminders for the 2021 – 2022 school year.
All school-issued digital devices, charging cords, and/or charging bricks are due for return starting June 3. We will accept devices from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM through June 11. Please come to the office to return the device and accompanying items. Social distancing and face coverings that cover your nose and mouth are required. Please call the school if you have any questions.
At this time, we have about 1,000 lost books. Please check at home and return the books as soon as you find them. Thank you!
Starting Monday, June 7, the office will be open from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday through Friday.
Bus information is now available for students attending summer learning at Highlands Grove Elementary. Transportation will be provided from our school to Highlands Grove. There will not be neighborhood bus service.
The bus is expected to be at POBE by 7:29 AM. We suggest arriving about 10 minutes prior to that time for the first few days to avoid missing the bus. The bus is expected to return to POBE with our students at 1:11 PM. Students should be picked up by a parent/guardian by 1:20 PM.
Parents/Guardians are requested to park in the front parking lot and walk their student to the bus loading zone in front of the school. Please do not enter or park in the front driveway as this will block the school bus.
Call the school at (863) 499-2950 if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing our students for their first day of summer learning on Wednesday, June 9!
In the event of a rainy day dismissal, please be aware of our procedures for each dismissal group.
Students, staff, and guests are reminded to wear face coverings when on campus, maintain social distance, and follow one-way directional signage and arrows. As a reminder, early student check outs should be done prior to 2:30 PM.
- Car riders will exit their classrooms at 2:50 (Grades K and 1) and 3:00 (Grades 2 – 5) and proceed down the main sidewalk to the dining room and music room maintaining social distance.
- Car line signs should be on the dashboard of the vehicle. This is critical in keeping the line moving quickly and safely. If you need a car line sign, please stop by the office with photo identification.
- Pull through the east gate by the fire rescue building and proceed up the gravel driveway to the dining room. Stay in your vehicle at all times.
- Pull up to the staff member calling car numbers on the walkie talkie. Your child/children will exit the dining room and will be loaded into your vehicle.
- As you leave campus, please be careful going home.
Bus Riders/Day Care Vans
- Bus riders and day care vans will exit their classrooms when their bus/day care van is called and proceed down the main sidewalk maintaining social distance.
- Bus riders and day care vans will load buses/day care vans under the covered sidewalk in front of the school.
- Please give buses a few extra minutes to get to their bus stops during rainy weather.
- Walkers and bike riders will exit their classroom and proceed down the main sidewalk maintaining social distance.
- Walkers and bike riders will exit the campus through the front gate.
- Walkers and bike riders will not be dismissed if weather conditions are unsafe. Students will remain in their classroom until it is deemed safe to dismiss. Please understand the decision to hold students is for the safety of your child/children.
Please call the school at (863) 499-2950 if you have any questions regarding rainy day dismissal procedures. Thank you.
POBE t-shirts are available in the front office for $8.00. Please stop by or call to place your order.