Home of the Lions
To provide a high quality education for all students
Please complete this evaluation form for tonight’s fourth grade curriculum and FSA night. Thank you.
Join us Thursday, January 14, 2021, from 6 to 7 PM for the fourth grade curriculum and FSA night. We will host the event virtually via zoom using the link below. See you there!
Please complete the evaluation form by clicking the link below.
We look forward to seeing you tonight at 6:00 PM, via Zoom, for our virtual literacy night! Students in on campus learning received a packet of materials to use for tonight’s event in their Wednesday folder. eSchool teachers will post the same documents on the Schoology page. We have also listed the documents below for your reference.
Meeting ID: 966 5351 3912
We are excited to announce our next Family Involvement night, “Literacy Around the World”. Join us next Thursday, December 10, 2020, from 6:00 to 7:00 PM, virtually on the Zoom app.
Materials for the night, including the Zoom link, will be sent home in the Wednesday folder on December 9, 2020. We’ll also post the Zoom link on this site and our Facebook page.
Please call the school at (863) 499-2950 if you have any questions. Happy holidays and happy reading!
School is closed on Thursday, November 12, 2020, due to Hurricane Eta. We are expected to reopen on Friday, November 13, 2020. Please keep tuned to local media, this Web site, and the POBE Facebook page for further updates. Stay safe Lions!
eSchool students now have a set of ROAR expectations! To download a copy, please click here.
In the event of a rainy day dismissal, please be aware of our procedures for each dismissal group.
Students, staff, and guests are reminded to wear face coverings when on campus, maintain social distance, and follow one-way directional signage and arrows. As a reminder, early student check outs should be done prior to 2:30 PM.
- Car riders will exit their classrooms at 2:50 (Grades K and 1) and 3:00 (Grades 2 – 5) and proceed down the main sidewalk to the dining room and music room maintaining social distance.
- Car line signs should be on the dashboard of the vehicle. This is critical in keeping the line moving quickly and safely. If you need a car line sign, please stop by the office with photo identification.
- Pull through the east gate by the fire rescue building and proceed up the gravel driveway to the dining room. Stay in your vehicle at all times.
- Pull up to the staff member calling car numbers on the walkie talkie. Your child/children will exit the dining room and will be loaded into your vehicle.
- As you leave campus, please be careful going home.
Bus Riders/Day Care Vans
- Bus riders and day care vans will exit their classrooms when their bus/day care van is called and proceed down the main sidewalk maintaining social distance.
- Bus riders and day care vans will load buses/day care vans under the covered sidewalk in front of the school.
- Please give buses a few extra minutes to get to their bus stops during rainy weather.
- Walkers and bike riders will exit their classroom and proceed down the main sidewalk maintaining social distance.
- Walkers and bike riders will exit the campus through the front gate.
- Walkers and bike riders will not be dismissed if weather conditions are unsafe. Students will remain in their classroom until it is deemed safe to dismiss. Please understand the decision to hold students is for the safety of your child/children
Please call the school at (863) 499-2950 if you have any questions regarding rainy day dismissal procedures. Thank you.
It is with the greatest Lion pride, indeed, that the administrative team of Philip O’Brien Elementary School recognizes the School-Related Employee of the Year and Teacher of the Year for 2020 – 2021.
Congratulations Mr. Rudy Brooks, daytime custodial professional, for being nominated by your colleagues as School-Related Employee of the Year. Mr. Brooks has been part of the Philip O’Brien Elementary family for 16 years and has previously been named School-Related Employee of the Year. You can often find Mr. Brooks encouraging students, helping staff, and welcoming parents.
Congratulations to Ms. Amber Screen, fifth grade English Language Arts and Social Studies teacher, for being nominated by your colleagues to be the Teacher of the Year! Ms. Screen joined the Philip O’Brien Elementary family in 2019 and has become an integral member of the team! She currently assists new teachers as the campus Teacher Engagement Ambassador.
Our students, staff, and community are fortunate to know these wonderful Lions!
Families can call (863) 733-0331 for help with eSchool technology questions and issues. Campus eSchool teachers can use the hotine as well. Staff will be available to answer calls on weekdays from 8 AM to 3 PM.
If your child has been tested for coronavirus, please do not send your child to school until you receive a negative test result. Please notify the school about the situation so that arrangements can be made for your child to participate in online learning.
If a member of your household has tested positive, please do not send your child to school and call the Florida Department of Health at 863-519-7911 for further direction.
Thank you for your cooperation.
POBE t-shirts are available in the front office for $8.00. We have staff available during today’s orientation times to assist with t-shirt purchases. If you have a virtual orientation and need to purchase t-shirts, please call the office at (863) 499-2950 to schedule a time to pick up your order.
Hello O’Brien’s Lions!
We need up to date contact information for students. If you have access to the Polk County Public Schools Parent Portal, you have access to update contact information. If you do not have access to the portal, please call the school at (863) 499-2950 Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:00 PM. Mrs. Stauffer, Ms. McCloud, and Mrs. Peick will be glad to assist you in updating contact information.
We have a few 2019-2020 yearbooks available for purchase. Each yearbook is $15. We accept cash, check, or money order. Checks and money orders must be made payable to Lifetouch. We cannot accept checks or money orders made out to Philip O’Brien Elementary.
Call the school at (863) 499-2950 if you have any questions.