Home of the Lions
To provide a high quality education for all students
Individual student picture day is scheduled for Wednesday, March 3, 2021. Due to COVID precautions, we will not host group picture day this year. Students must be in uniform for pictures.
Lifetouch, our photography partner, has developed comprehensive photography session safety protocols. These protocols follow the guidelines and recommendations of the Center for Disease Control (CDC), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). This year’s photography safety protocols include:
- Enhanced cleaning of stations and equipment
- No-contact posing and social distancing
- Pre-session health check
- Safety training
- Classes will be scheduled one at a time
Students participating in eSchool may come to the school on Wednesday from 3:30 to 4:30 PM to have their picture made if their parent/guardian chooses. Please pull into the front driveway and meet the staff member on duty by the Kindergarten gate. Your child will have their temperature checked and will need to wear a face-covering that covers their nose and mouth. Parents/Guardians must stay in their car and not enter the campus. Once your child’s temperature is checked and is within CDC guidelines, they will be escorted to the media center to have their picture taken. When done, the staff member will escort them back to their vehicle.
If you would like to purchase orders online, go to www.mylifetouch.com and use the picture day ID EVT9CB3TG. You can complete a paper-based order form that was sent home in the Wednesday folder on February 24.
Please call the school at (863) 499-2950 if you have any questions.
eSchool students now have a set of ROAR expectations! To download a copy, please click here.
In the event of a rainy day dismissal, please be aware of our procedures for each dismissal group.
Students, staff, and guests are reminded to wear face coverings when on campus, maintain social distance, and follow one-way directional signage and arrows. As a reminder, early student check outs should be done prior to 2:30 PM.
- Car riders will exit their classrooms at 2:50 (Grades K and 1) and 3:00 (Grades 2 – 5) and proceed down the main sidewalk to the dining room and music room maintaining social distance.
- Car line signs should be on the dashboard of the vehicle. This is critical in keeping the line moving quickly and safely. If you need a car line sign, please stop by the office with photo identification.
- Pull through the east gate by the fire rescue building and proceed up the gravel driveway to the dining room. Stay in your vehicle at all times.
- Pull up to the staff member calling car numbers on the walkie talkie. Your child/children will exit the dining room and will be loaded into your vehicle.
- As you leave campus, please be careful going home.
Bus Riders/Day Care Vans
- Bus riders and day care vans will exit their classrooms when their bus/day care van is called and proceed down the main sidewalk maintaining social distance.
- Bus riders and day care vans will load buses/day care vans under the covered sidewalk in front of the school.
- Please give buses a few extra minutes to get to their bus stops during rainy weather.
- Walkers and bike riders will exit their classroom and proceed down the main sidewalk maintaining social distance.
- Walkers and bike riders will exit the campus through the front gate.
- Walkers and bike riders will not be dismissed if weather conditions are unsafe. Students will remain in their classroom until it is deemed safe to dismiss. Please understand the decision to hold students is for the safety of your child/children
Please call the school at (863) 499-2950 if you have any questions regarding rainy day dismissal procedures. Thank you.
Families can call (863) 733-0331 for help with eSchool technology questions and issues. Campus eSchool teachers can use the hotine as well. Staff will be available to answer calls on weekdays from 8 AM to 3 PM.
If your child has been tested for coronavirus, please do not send your child to school until you receive a negative test result. Please notify the school about the situation so that arrangements can be made for your child to participate in online learning.
If a member of your household has tested positive, please do not send your child to school and call the Florida Department of Health at 863-519-7911 for further direction.
Thank you for your cooperation.
POBE t-shirts are available in the front office for $8.00. We have staff available during today’s orientation times to assist with t-shirt purchases. If you have a virtual orientation and need to purchase t-shirts, please call the office at (863) 499-2950 to schedule a time to pick up your order.
Hello O’Brien’s Lions!
We need up to date contact information for students. If you have access to the Polk County Public Schools Parent Portal, you have access to update contact information. If you do not have access to the portal, please call the school at (863) 499-2950 Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:00 PM. Mrs. Stauffer, Ms. McCloud, and Mrs. Peick will be glad to assist you in updating contact information.
We have a few 2019-2020 yearbooks available for purchase. Each yearbook is $15. We accept cash, check, or money order. Checks and money orders must be made payable to Lifetouch. We cannot accept checks or money orders made out to Philip O’Brien Elementary.
Call the school at (863) 499-2950 if you have any questions.