Home of the Lions
To provide a high quality education for all students
Congratulations to Ms. Caren Hiam, Teacher of the Year, and Mrs. Marie Sagnella, School-Related Employee of the Year. Ms. Hiam currently teaches students in grades K-5 who receive ESE services. She is the ESE grade level chairperson and also serves on the PBIS committee. Ms. Hiam is an alumni of Philip O’Brien Elementary School and has taught here since 2014.
Mrs. Sagnella is a Title One and Family Involvement paraeducator. She can often be found pulling small groups of students to accelerate them to success. She plays a vital role in increasing family and community involvement at Philip O’Brien Elementary. Mrs. Sagnella has been a Philip O’Brien Lion since 2019.
Congratulations ladies! You ROAR!
Please click the link below to evaluate tonight’s Title One Annual Meeting and Open House. Thank you! If you have any questions, please call Mrs. O’Grady at (863) 499-2950 or E-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click below to read and review Philip O’Brien Elementary arrival and dismissal procedures.
In the event of a rainy day dismissal, please be aware of our procedures for each dismissal group.
Students, staff, and guests are reminded to maintain social distance. As a reminder, early student check outs should be done prior to 2:30 PM.
- Car riders will exit their classrooms at 2:50 (Grades K and 1) and 3:00 (Grades 2 – 5) and proceed down the main sidewalk to the dining room and music room maintaining social distance.
- Car line signs should be on the dashboard of the vehicle. This is critical in keeping the line moving quickly and safely. If you need a car line sign, please stop by the office with photo identification.
- Pull through the east gate by the fire rescue building and proceed up the gravel driveway to the dining room. Stay in your vehicle at all times.
- Pull up to the staff member calling car numbers on the walkie talkie. Your child/children will exit the dining room and will be loaded into your vehicle.
- As you leave campus, please be careful going home.
Bus Riders/Day Care Vans
- Bus riders and day care vans will exit their classrooms when their bus/day care van is called and proceed down the main sidewalk maintaining social distance.
- Bus riders and day care vans will load buses/day care vans under the covered sidewalk in front of the school.
- Please give buses a few extra minutes to get to their bus stops during rainy weather.
- Walkers and bike riders will exit their classroom and proceed down the main sidewalk maintaining social distance.
- Walkers and bike riders will exit the campus through the front gate.
- Walkers and bike riders will not be dismissed if weather conditions are unsafe. Students will remain in their classroom until it is deemed safe to dismiss. Please understand the decision to hold students is for the safety of your child/children.
Please call the school at (863) 499-2950 if you have any questions regarding rainy day dismissal procedures. Thank you.